- April 26, 2016
- In catastrophic Injuries
According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center at UAB, the common causes of spinal cord injury have drastically changed. As of 2015, the most common causes of spinal cord injury include:
- Vehicular – 38%
- Slip and falls – 30%
- Violence – 14%
- Sports/Recreation Activities – 9%
- Medical/Surgical 5%
- Other – 4%
There are approximately 337,000 people currently living in the United States with a spinal cord injury, with their average age being only 29 years. Almost half (47%) of these injured victims are considered quadriplegic.
Managing Life and Pain After a Spinal Cord Injury
Any type of spinal cord injury can significantly impact all aspects of your life. If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury, you know how much pain is involved in this serious injury. Managing the pain can be difficult. Below are some tips that may help you or your loved one to manage your pain after a spinal cord injury:
- Note any and all activities that cause you additional pain or fatigue.
- Keep a log of the length of time it takes to experience an increase in your level of pain for the activities you listed in the tip above.
- When engaging in the activities noted above, keep a log of the time limit that is below the time you recorded in step 2. Once you have reached this time limit, you should immediately stop the activity and rest.
- Make sure you get sufficient rest before you continue to your next activity. The amount of time that you need to rest may vary depending on the specific activities you are engaging in.
- Never rush in any activity you are engaging in. Instead, take your time to slowly increase your endurance. You should never skip your rest period. If you place additional pain and stress on your body, it may actually aggravate your pain level and cause more injury.
In order to ensure the success of your personally tailored spinal cord injury pain management program, you need to:
- Be patient and flexible with your plan
- Keep all of your doctor appointments and follow your doctor’s instructions closely
- Take an active role in your treatment process
Call an Orange County Spinal Cord Accident Attorney Today!
The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas is dedicated to helping our injured clients reach the best monetary settlement when they are involved in any type of accidents.
If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury, or any other injury, in an accident that was caused by the negligent or reckless actions of another party, our experienced Orange County spinal cord accident attorneys are available to personally review your case. Call us at 1-888-848-5048 to schedule a free, complimentary consultation with our legal team today.
April 6, 2021
March 30, 2021
March 24, 2021
March 18, 2021
March 16, 2021