Anaheim Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Going for a walk can be riskier than you think. During the past decade, pedestrian injuries and deaths have been on the rise. According to the Governors Highway Safety Association, pedestrian deaths jumped 46%, from 4,457 in 2011 to 6,516 deaths in 2020, accounting for 17% of all traffic fatalities. Unfortunately, a glimpse at preliminary data for 2021 reveals the upward trend is continuing.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian related accident, you may be entitled to compensation. You need to immediately hire an experienced Anaheim pedestrian accident attorney to protect your legal rights and hold the liable parties responsible for their negligent and reckless actions. The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas is dedicated to providing pedestrian accident victims the legal help they need to get the full compensation that they deserve.
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries
The lack of safety features as a pedestrian provides for a greater and deadlier impact in a collision with a vehicle. An average car weighs about 3,000 pounds, approximately the same weight of an average wrecking ball. A car traveling at 20 mph moves even faster than a wrecking ball used in a demolition of a building, delivering even more energy upon impact. If the car crashes into a pedestrian walking in the street, the result can be tragic.
Common injuries to pedestrian victims involved in motor vehicle crashes include:
- Traumatic brain injuries and other types of head injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Spinal cord injuries, such as partial or complete paralysis
- Back and neck injuries
- Neurological injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Scars and abrasions
Regardless of what type of injuries you or your loved one has sustained, an experienced Anaheim pedestrian accident attorney can help you get the justice and full money damages that you deserve.
Compensation for Pedestrian Accident Injuries
No amount of money will ever take away your injuries or undo the harm caused to you. However, getting compensation from the at-fault party will provide you with the financial stability you need to deal with the injuries you suffered. It will also provide for a sense of justice, especially if you suffered serious injuries.
No two pedestrian accident cases are the same, which is why it is nearly impossible to predict how much your case is worth or predict what the settlement payout should be. The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas will take all steps necessary to make sure you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Our Anaheim pedestrian accident attorneys will investigate the facts of your case to determine the exact types of damages to demand as part of your case.
Common compensation available to pedestrian accident victims include:
- Past and future medical costs
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Out of pocket expense related to the accident
Common Types of Pedestrian Accidents Involving Vehicles
Being a pedestrian on the street is riskier now than it has ever been before. Motorists on the road seem to be in more of a rush, more distracted, and all around less attentive to their surroundings. All of this, and many other factors, becomes a recipe for disaster, resulting in catastrophic accidents for the pedestrian.
Some common types of scenarios and causes of pedestrian related accidents include:
- Careless drivers that fail to properly observe the roadway for pedestrians
- Distracted drivers, whether from texting, eating, or doing other non-driving activities
- Drowsy or fatigued drivers, especially of buses and commercial trucks
- Speeding drivers
- Rolling through stop signs or red lights when making right turns
- Trucks that cut off the corner when making a turn
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Defective roadway design, maintenance, or repair
- Poor or inadequate lighting
- Lack of proper signage
- Hidden or obscured cross-walks
Important Steps to Take After a Pedestrian Accident
Most pedestrian accident injuries leave victims suffering serious injuries – especially when your head hits the ground or other objects. You can be knocked unconscious upon contact or left in a major daze. Even if you didn’t sustain a head injury, the accident itself could easily leave you in a state of shock.
Regardless of the extent of your injuries, if possible, it is important that you take certain steps immediately after an accident to protect your legal rights:
- Call 911 to report the accident to the police
- If possible, try to remain as still as possible after getting hit because any movement can create additional injury, especially to your neck and back
- Get medical attention as soon as possible – either at the scene by paramedics or go see your doctor
- Get the contact information of all parties involved in the accident
- Gather the contact information for any witnesses to the accident
- Take pictures of the scene of accident, if possible
- Do not talk to anyone from the insurance companies without having an attorney present
- Contact and hire an experienced Anaheim pedestrian accident attorney
Contact an Experienced Anaheim, Pedestrian Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact the Law Offices of Samer Habbas. We specialize in helping victims of pedestrian injury accidents in Southern California to obtain the fair compensation they deserve for their injuries.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our attorneys, please call 888-848-5084.