RIVERSIDE MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Hopping on your bike, cruising the open road, and exploring California’s scenic beauty is a thrill for many motorcycle enthusiasts. With mountains, oceans, forests, and plenty of other stunning vistas to see, it’s no wonder motorcycle riders come from all over the world to experience it. Yet as exhilarating as riding a motorcycle can be, many potential dangers exist. The chance of sustaining a serious injury while riding a motorcycle is significantly greater than when driving a car, truck, or another type of vehicle. Even the most careful motorcycle riders are at risk as many accidents are caused by factors out of the rider’s control. Because of the inherent danger, motorcycle riders should always be prepared for what to do before, during, and after a potential crash.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact the experienced Riverside motorcycle accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates immediately to protect your legal rights and interests. Our accident attorneys will relentlessly fight for the settlement that you deserve and will help you get through this difficult period.
If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident, you need to hire the experienced Riverside motorcycle accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates to protect your legal rights and interests. Our accident attorneys will relentlessly fight for the settlement that you deserve and will help you get through this difficult period.
With multiple offices located in Riverside, Irvine, Los Angeles, El Segundo, and San Diego, our personal injury lawyers represent motorcycle accident victims across Southern California. For more information or to schedule a complimentary case consultation with an attorney, please call 949-449-2703.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), motorcycles comprise only 3% of all registered vehicles in the United States and account for 0.6% of all vehicle miles traveled, but in 2019 these two-wheeled vehicles accounted for:
- 14% of all traffic fatalities
- 17% of all occupant fatalities
- 3% of all occupant injuries
Motorcyclists face inherent risks that threaten their safety every time they ride. Regardless of how experienced you are, the risks remain the same. Most motorcycle accidents result from the negligence of other motorists on the road, which is why motorcyclists need to always be alert and wary of potential dangers while riding.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Riverside
Because motorcycles do not offer the same protection as other vehicles, you must always be vigilant of your surroundings and the potential dangers around you while riding to minimize the likelihood of getting into a motorcycle accident. Litigating motorcycle accident cases often involves complex liability issues because many factors can impact the outcome of a motorcycle accident claim. Hiring an experienced Riverside motorcycle accident attorney to fight for your rights is imperative in getting a favorable outcome and recovering what you deserve.
Here are some of the common causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Traffic congestion: the more congestion on the road, the harder it is for other vehicles to see you.
- Impaired riding: never get on your motorcycle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Speeding: speed kills, especially for motorcyclists. The risk of serious injury or death is many times greater when speeding.
- Inclement weather: riding in adverse weather, such as in rain, snow, or ice, can be especially dangerous.
- Poor road conditions: gravel and potholes are the most dangerous obstacles you can encounter while riding.
- Panic stops: avoid sudden stops, especially if most of your motorcycle’s stopping power is in the front brakes.
- Sudden lane changes by other motorists: a major cause of motorcycle accidents is motorists who don’t see the rider.
- Unexpected car doors opening: keep an eye out for the unexpected car doors opening that could send you off your motorcycle and into traffic.
- Defective parts or inadequate repairs: your motorcycle should be properly maintained and serviced regularly to help avoid these issues.
- Debris on the road: anything that can cause you to lose control either by hitting it or swerving out of the way.
- Reckless or aggressive driving: this is especially dangerous for motorcyclists.
- Left turns from cars directly in front of motorcycles at intersections: this is the most common type of motorcycle accident at intersections.
- Sudden lane changes: motorists often can’t see the motorcyclist.
- Sudden stops: running into the back of a vehicle that has stopped suddenly is potentially much more dangerous for motorcyclists than for other motorists.
- Running a red light or stop sign: getting hit from the side by oncoming traffic is much more serious when riding a motorcycle.
Regardless of what caused your motorcycle accident, the Riverside accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates can help hold the liable party legally responsible for their negligent actions that caused your motorcycle accident.
Where do most Motorcycle Accidents occur?
By far, the leading cause of motorcycle accidents involving other vehicles is the failure of the motorist to see the motorcyclist. Almost 70% of motorcycle accidents happen at intersections because of this. Motorcycles are much smaller than cars and the likelihood that a motorist won’t see the motorcycle is much greater than for other vehicles. It is imperative that motorcyclists make themselves noticeable on the road by wearing colorful clothing, using signals and headlights, and by avoiding a car’s blind spot. Motorcyclists should always assume that they are invisible to other motorists and ride accordingly.
What is the most common injury in a Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycles do not provide airbags or seat belts, which leaves motorcyclists much more vulnerable in the event of an accident. Motorcycle accident injuries are often serious and even fatal. Common injuries include:
- Road rash
- Facial fractures and disfigurement
- Broken and fractured bones
- Burns, scrapes, bruises
- Damage to internal organs
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
Compensation for your Riverside Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Many victims do not realize how much a motorcycle accident costs. Many riders face serious injuries to the head and extremities. Recovery can be painful and costly. An experienced Riverside motorcycle accident attorney can help you get the full compensation you deserve. The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas will fully investigate the facts of your claim and seek compensation for:
- Past and future medical and hospital bills
- Loss of income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Out of pocket expenses associated with your motorcycle accident
Our expert Riverside personal injury attorneys understand the impact that injuries can have on your life and the lives of your loved ones after a motorcycle accident. We will work hard to help you get the full compensation that you deserve.
Important Steps to Take After a Motorcycle Accident in Riverside
A motorcycle accident can leave you dazed, confused, and unsure of what to do, especially if you are seriously injured. Below are some important steps you should take after a motorcycle accident:
- Get to a safe location if possible.
- Call 911 and report the accident.
- Seek immediate medical attention. Even if you don’t think you are injured, get checked by a medical professional.
- Gather evidence of the accident.
- Get the contact information of all parties involved, including any witnesses.
- Call a reputable Riverside motorcycle accident attorney.
Contact an Experienced Riverside Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, the Riverside motorcycle accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates can help. Our personal injury lawyers specialize in handling motorcycle accident injury cases. We have the experience to help you recover your lost wages, medical expenses, and any other costs related to your motorcycle accident injury.
With multiple offices located in Riverside, Irvine, Anaheim, Los Angeles, El Segundo, and San Diego, our personal injury attorneys represent motorcycle accident victims across Southern California. The Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates is dedicated to helping motorcycle accident victims receive just compensation for their injuries. For more information or to schedule a complimentary case consultation with an experienced Riverside motorcycle accident lawyer, please call 949-449-2703.