San Bernardino Dog Bite Attorney
Did you know that California leads the country in dog attacks and dog bite injuries every year? We own that unfortunate distinction, but what is even more unfortunate is the number of dog bite victims who are severely injured, maimed and killed each year. These victims don’t care about dog bite statistics. They care about getting the medical attention they need, doing what they can to prevent that dog from hurting anyone else and speaking with experienced San Bernardino dog bite lawyers like us. One of the first things our clients ask us is whether or not they have a case. In our state, a dog owner is liable for damages whether the dog has an aggressive history or not and whether the owner was negligent or not. Simply put, if a dog attacks you, that dog’s owner can be sued for damages.
Are you a dog bite victim looking for an experienced attorney to answer your questions and protect your rights? Call us at 888-848-5084 to schedule your free consultation!
What to Do After a Dog Attack
The minutes and hours following a dog attack are very important for victims for several reasons. First and foremost, the victim should seek medical attention as soon as possible and have wounds treated properly. Take care of yourself before addressing any other concerns. When you are able, take these steps:
- If you can, request the name, address, phone number and driver’s license number of the dog’s owner or the person who was controlling the animal at the time of the attack. If the owner is belligerent, write down what you can and let the police gather the information. In addition, take the contact information of any witnesses who may have seen the attack.
- Next, call the police or the animal control department, and ask to file a report.
- If you have a camera or cell phone with a camera, take photos of your injuries and clothing before and after receiving medical treatment. This will be helpful when your attorney builds your case.
- Take a few minutes to write down all that you remember about the attack and the scene. If you can, note the dog’s appearance, where it came from, any restraints on the animal, if the owner or anyone else tried to help you, etc.
- Contact your San Bernardino dog bite attorney as soon as possible. By letting us know about the accident as soon as you can, we can begin an immediate investigation and gather fresh evidence to build a solid case for you.
Contact Us and Put Our Experience to Work for You
If you’ve experienced injury in a dog attack, you have every right to seek damages against the dog’s owner to pay for medical treatment, ruined clothing, pain and suffering and other injuries. We have a proven record of success helping injured people receive the fair and just compensation they deserve. If a dog has hurt you or a close family member, call us today at 888-848-5084 or fill out a contact form, and we will personally return your call.