EL SEGUNDO BUS ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Bus accidents occur with some degree of regularity and are to blame for a large number of deaths and injuries not only to bus passengers but also to others that use the roadways. Although passengers on board are provided some degree of protection (although nothing major like seatbelts or airbags), the sheer size and weight of a bus create major danger for other vehicles involved in the crash.
If you or a loved one was injured in a bus accident, you may be entitled to monetary compensation. You should immediately contact the experienced El Segundo bus accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas to protect your legal rights. Our legal team will aggressively fight for the settlement that you deserve and will help you get through this difficult period.
COMMON TYPES OF BUS ACCIDENT INJURIES
Bus accidents of all types, including private, school, or metro buses, can result in significant injuries to all parties involved. Below are common bus accident injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Traumatic amputations
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Cuts and bruises
- Wrongful death
It is important that you get immediate medical attention following a bus accident, even if you don’t feel any immediate symptoms. Since it can take days or even weeks for signs of some injuries to the surface, you should mitigate the extent of your injuries by seeing a doctor as soon as possible.
Our El Segundo bus accident attorneys can help find a doctor near you if you don’t have access to medical care. The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas is dedicated to the well-being of our clients and will take all necessary steps to make sure you have the care and treatment you need and deserve following a bus crash.
HOLDING ALL PARTIES ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR BUS ACCIDENT INJURIES
A skilled attorney will investigate the facts of your bus accident case to identify all parties who may be legally responsible for the injuries you sustained in the collision. The most common types of parties who may be liable include:
- Bus Company. Bus companies are ultimately liable for the safety of the passengers on board. They must ensure that their vehicle is in proper and safe operating condition and that their staff is adequately trained. The bus company can be liable if the crash was caused by a negligent or poorly trained bus driver and/or if their bus was not safe.
- Bus Maintenance Company. If a bus company uses a third-party vendor to service and repair their fleet of buses, those independent companies can also be responsible for any faulty inspection or work performed on a bus involved in an accident.
- The operator of Tour and Cruise Line Bus Companies. Tour and cruise line bus companies can be responsible for any bus-related collisions if one of their employees was negligently operating the bus, resulting in a crash. They may be liable even if the bus was owned and/or serviced by another company.
- Bus Driver. The bus driver can also be held personally liable for any resulting injuries from an accident they caused.
- Local and State Governmental Entities. If the bus accident was caused by the negligence of a city or other governmental entity bus driver, that government agency can be held responsible for your resulting injuries.
Our El Segundo bus accident lawyers take all steps necessary to identify all potentially liable parties so you can maximize the compensation you deserve.
IMPORTANT STEPS TO TAKE IMMEDIATELY AFTER AN EL SEGUNDO BUS ACCIDENT
You may not expect to get in an accident when you board a bus or every time you share the road with a bus. However, you should be familiar with what you should do in the event of an accident so that you are prepared and can, as such, protect your legal rights.
Some important steps you should take immediately following a bus accident are discussed below:
- Call 911: Call 911, especially if you or others involved are injured.
- File a Police Report: The police may not come to the scene of every accident. Even if they don’t come to the scene of the crash you were involved in, you should immediately call them to file a report. A traffic collision report will include key pieces of information that can help your accident claim.
- Get Information for Any Witnesses to the Accident: It is also important for you to get contact information for any individuals who may have witnessed the bus accident. You should also get their contact information for your records.
- Take Photographs of the Scene of Accident: Pictures of the scene of the accident, especially of all vehicles involved, can provide important information in proving your case.
- Contact an Experienced El Segundo Bus Accident Attorney: Before you talk to anyone, especially insurance company adjusters, you should contact and hire an attorney for advice.
COMMON CAUSES OF EL SEGUNDO BUS ACCIDENTS
A variety of different factors can cause a bus accident. Some of these common causes include:
- Careless driving
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Poor maintenance of the bus
- Vehicle defects, including but not limited to manufacturing defects and safety failures
- Lack of bus driver experience or adequate training
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Driving under the influence of controlled substances
Law Offices of Samer Habbas is a personal injury law firm with a dedicated team of attorneys who make it their goal to hold all parties involved in a bus crash liable for the resulting injuries to our clients. Our legal team will take all steps necessary to determine what caused the bus crash and get you the full compensation that you deserve.
MONETARY DAMAGES AVAILABLE TO EL SEGUNDO BUS ACCIDENT VICTIMS
Bus accidents can cause catastrophic injuries to all victims involved, requiring extensive medical treatment. With the help of an experienced El Segundo bus accident attorney, you can calculate all the damages that you are entitled to and obtain the full compensation that you deserve.
Some of the common types of compensation available to bus accident victims include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Loss of wages and future earning capacity
- Loss of benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental injuries
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral expenses
Contact an Experienced El Segundo Bus Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bus accident, contact the Law Offices of Samer Habbas. We specialize in handling bus accident injury cases. We have the experience to help you recover your lost wages, medical expenses, and any other costs related to your bus accident injury.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our El Segundo bus accident attorneys, please call 949-873-0755. The Law Offices of Samer Habbas is dedicated to helping bus accident victims receive just compensation for their injuries.