EL SEGUNDO MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Motorcycles are fun to ride, cheaper to gas, and more exhilarating to maneuver than a car. However, besides all the great things about riding a motorcycle, they can be significantly more dangerous than a car, especially if involved in an accident. The lack of seatbelts, airbags, and frames can be detrimental to a motorcyclist in a crash.
If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident, you need to hire the experienced El Segundo motorcycle accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates to protect your legal rights and interests. Our personal injury lawyers will fight hard for the settlement that you deserve and will help you get through this difficult period.
With multiple offices located in El Segundo, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Irvine, Riverside, and San Diego, our personal injury attorneys represent injured motorcyclists across Southern California. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with an expert El Segundo motorcycle accident attorney, please call 619-304-8867.
THE DANGEROUS RIDE ON A MOTORCYCLE
Motorcycles only make up approximately 3% of all registered vehicles in the United States, but they account for 0.6% of all vehicle miles traveled. California is home to the most motorcycles in the country. There are approximately 800,000 motorcycles registered in the state, accounting for the highest number of motorcycles nationwide. More motorcycles on the road also mean a significantly higher number of collisions and traffic-related fatalities.
If you own and ride a motorcyclist, you will no doubt face some inherent risks that threaten your safety every time you get on your bike. Regardless of how skilled and experienced you are, the risks remain the same. Most motorcycle collisions are caused by the negligence of other motorists on the road. This makes it imperative that you remain vigilant while riding.
COMMON CAUSES OF MOTORCYCLE CRASHES
Riding a motorcycle is risky, and in some cases getting into a crash may be inevitable. However, there are some common causes that you can be cautious about while riding to reduce the likelihood of getting into an accident. Some of the common causes of motorcycle crashes include:
- Unsafe lane change: Other motorists on the road risk colliding into a motorcycle when they fail to check their blind spot or signal when changing lanes.
- Car doors: Motorcyclists can get seriously injured when a driver opens the door of their parked car in the path of oncoming traffic.
- Speeding: The leading cause of all types of vehicle crashes, including those involving motorcycles, is a result of speeding. The higher the speed, the greater the impact and the more severe the resulting injuries.
- Driving under the influence of controlled substances: Drivers can cause serious collisions when they get behind the wheel while impaired.
- Dangerous road conditions: Potholes, crumbling roads, debris, and lack of necessary signs and signals can all increase a motorcyclist’s chances of losing control and getting into a serious accident.
Regardless of what caused your motorcycle collision, the El Segundo motorcycle accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas can help hold the liable party legally responsible for their negligent actions that caused your motorcycle collision and get you the full compensation you deserve.
COMMON TYPES OF MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT INJURIES
The lack of airbags and seatbelts can cause serious injuries to motorcyclists in the event of an accident. Motorcycle accident injuries are, in most cases, serious and even deadly. Accident victims typically require extensive medical care and treatment.
Common injuries include:
- Road rash
- Facial fractures and disfigurement
- Broken and fractured bones
- Internal organ injuries
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
If your motorcycle accident and resulting injuries were caused by the negligence or recklessness of another party, our accident attorneys can set you up with medical providers who can provide you with excellent care. Our El Segundo motorcycle accident lawyers will fight for your rights and make sure you are fairly compensated.
GETTING COMPENSATED FOR YOUR EL SEGUNDO MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT INJURIES
Insurance companies actually have tables of how much specific injuries are worth to them. These tables account for the type of injury you suffered, the average medical bill that should be associated with that injury, and the overall impact the injury should and can have on your livelihood.
However, this generic table does not always account for the full compensation motorcycle accident victims should get. Just because the insurance carrier has a program and chart, it does not mean they account for all the variables that must be accounted for when calculating fair compensation.
An experienced El Segundo motorcycle accident attorney can help you get the full compensation that you deserve. The personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas will fully investigate the facts of your claim and seek compensation for:
- Past and future medical and hospital bills
- Loss of income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Out of pocket expenses associated with your motorcycle accident
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO AFTER A MOTORCYCLE CRASH TO PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
A serious motorcycle crash can leave you dazed and render you almost paralyzed with fear. If you are like most motorcycles, you are not prepared for a crash, which can leave you in shock and not knowing what steps to take after a crash.
Below are some important steps you should take after a motorcycle accident:
- Move out of the flow of traffic and to a safe place, if possible.
- Seek immediate medical attention. If you have suffered serious injuries, you need to be taken to the emergency room via ambulance. If you don’t feel immediate symptoms, you should still
- see a doctor since symptoms of certain injuries may not surface until days or weeks after the accident.
- Report the accident. It is best to call 911 and ask the police to prepare a report at the scene of the crash.
- If you are able to do so, take pictures of the scene of the crash.
- Get the contact information of all parties involved, including any witnesses to the accident.
- Call an expert El Segundo motorcycle accident attorney.
Contact an Experienced El Segundo Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates. Our personal injury attorneys specialize in handling motorcycle accident injury claims. We have the experience to help you recover your lost wages, medical expenses, and any other costs related to your motorcycle accident injury.
The Law Offices of Samer Habbas is dedicated to helping motorcycle accident victims receive just compensation for their injuries. With multiple offices located in El Segundo, Los Angeles, Irvine, Anaheim, Riverside, and San Diego, our personal injury lawyers represent injured motorcyclists across Southern California. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with an experienced El Segundo motorcycle accident attorney, please call 619-304-8867.