EL SEGUNDO PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Despite all the benefits of walking, pedestrians are at significant risk for serious injuries if they are involved in an accident with a motor vehicle. As a pedestrian, you have no safety features if a motor vehicle crashes into you. This makes you very vulnerable to suffering life-altering injuries or even death, after a major impact.
If you or a loved one has been injured as a pedestrian by a motor vehicle, you may be entitled to compensation. To protect your legal rights and hold the liable parties responsible for their negligent and reckless actions, you need to immediately contact an accident attorney who specifically handles these types of cases.
The El Segundo pedestrian accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates are dedicated to providing injured pedestrians the assistance they need to get the full compensation that they deserve. With multiple offices located in El Segundo, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Irvine, Riverside, and San Diego, our personal injury lawyers represent injured pedestrians across Southern California. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with an experienced El Segundo pedestrian accident lawyer, please call 619-304-8867.
PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT RELATED DEATHS ON THE RISE
There has been a sharp increase in pedestrian injuries and fatalities over the past decade. According to the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA), pedestrian deaths have risen by 46% over the past decade, but the number of all other traffic deaths increased by only 5%.
Even more disturbing is that most pedestrians are killed on local roads, in the dark, and away from intersections. Over the past decade, the number of drivers hitting and killing a pedestrian after dark increased by 54% compared to a 16% rise in pedestrian fatalities during the day.
PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT INJURIES
The average motor vehicle sedan weighs approximately 3,000 pounds, which is also the average weight of a wrecking ball used to demolish large buildings. However, when a car is driving as slow as 20 miles per hour, it is moving even faster than a wrecking ball. As such the car will crash to any target with more energy to deliver. If that target is a pedestrian, the resulting injuries can be catastrophic.
Common injuries to pedestrian victims involved in motor vehicle crashes include:
- Traumatic brain injuries and other types of head injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Spinal cord injuries, such as partial or complete paralysis
- Back and neck injuries
- Neurological injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Scars and abrasions
Regardless of what type of injuries you or your loved one has sustained, an experienced El Segundo pedestrian accident attorney can help you seek justice and get the full compensation that you deserve.
GETTING COMPENSATED AFTER A PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT
Medical bills can quickly pile up for treatments when you are seriously injured in a pedestrian accident. However, medical bills are not the only thing that will be financially impacted after an accident for victims. When you are seriously injured, you will have other non-medical factors, such as decreased productivity, loss of wages, and loss of future earning capacity.
The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas is dedicated to getting pedestrian accident victims the maximum monetary damages that they deserve. Our El Segundo accident attorneys will work hard to get you compensated for all the damages you are entitled to, including:
- Past and future medical costs
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Out of pocket expense related to the accident
COMMON TYPES OF PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS INVOLVING MOTOR VEHICLES
- Some common types of scenarios and causes of pedestrian injury accidents include:
- Careless drivers that fail to properly observe the roadway for pedestrians
- Distracted drivers, whether from texting, eating or doing other non-driving activities
- Drowsy or fatigued drivers, especially of buses and commercial trucks
- Speeding drivers
- Rolling through stop signs or red lights when making right turns
- Trucks that cut off the corner when making a turn
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Defective roadway design, maintenance, or repair
- Poor or inadequate lighting
- Lack of proper signage
- Hidden or obscured cross-walks
WHAT TO DO AFTER A PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT
Most pedestrians that are involved in vehicle-related accidents are knocked unconscious upon being hit, while others may simply be left in a daze. If you are conscious after being struck by a vehicle, you will nevertheless most likely still be in physical or mental shock. However, as soon as you are able to, it is important that you follow certain steps to protect your legal rights.
- Call 911 to report the accident to the police
- If possible, try to remain as still as possible after getting hit because any movement can create additional injury, especially to your neck and back
- Get medical attention as soon as possible – either at the scene by paramedics or go see your doctor
- Get the contact information of all parties involved in the accident
- Gather the contact information for any witnesses to the accident
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, if possible
- Do not talk to anyone from the insurance companies without having an attorney present
- Contact and hire an experienced El Segundo pedestrian accident attorney
Contact an Experienced El Segundo Pedestrian Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates. Our El Segundo personal injury lawyers specialize in helping victims of pedestrian injury accidents to obtain the fair compensation they deserve for their injuries.
With multiple offices located in El Segundo, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Riverside, Irvine, and San Diego, our accident attorneys represent injured victims across Southern California. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with an expert El Segundo pedestrian accident attorney, please call 619-304-8867.