EL SEGUNDO CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Driving is a necessity for most of us – especially when it comes to going to work, dropping off and picking up kids from school, and going grocery shopping and other necessities shopping. However, as important as driving may be, it can also be just as dangerous. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), an estimated 20,160 people died in motor vehicle crashes in the first of 2021, up 18.4% over 2020. This is the largest number of projected motor vehicle-related deaths since 2006.
If you or a loved one has been injured in any type of car accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to money damages. You need to immediately hire an experienced El Segundo car accident attorney to help you maximize your compensation. The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas will fight for you and make sure your legal rights are protected.
COMMON TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENTS IN EL SEGUNDO
Millions of cars travel along and upon Southern California roads. There are approximately 7.6 million motor vehicles registered in Los Angeles County, with more than 6.6 million licensed drivers. The busy roads of the county, which includes both the cities of El Segundo, make this area a hotbed for traffic crashes at any point in time, especially during peak traffic hours. Car accidents can happen in many different ways. Understanding the common types of car accidents can help reduce the likelihood of you avoiding them.
Below are 5 common types of car accidents in El Segundo:
- Rear-end crashes. A rear-end collision happens when one vehicle crashes into the back of another one. Rear-end collisions typically occur when there is the first car suddenly slows down, reducing the ability of the car behind it to apply the brakes and come to a full stop.
- Side-impact crash. A side-impact car accident occurs when one car does not yield the right of way to another car. These types of crashes, commonly referred to as T-bone accidents, generally happen at intersections when one vehicle fails to obey traffic signals.
- Rollover crashes. A rollover accident happens when a vehicle tips onto its side or its roof. Rollovers can result in serious injuries and even death. These accidents mostly involve tall SUVs and trucks because they are more vulnerable to tipping over.
- Head-on crashes. Head-on crashes happen when the front portion of two vehicles collide with each other as they travel in opposite directions. These are the deadliest types of accidents because the velocity and extreme force of the crash exerted during the accident can result in both cars crumpling.
The parties found at fault in any type of motor vehicle crash can be held liable for the injuries caused to the other parties involved in the accident. The surviving family members of the deceased accident victim may also have a wrongful death claim against the parties who caused the accident.
COMMON INJURIES SUSTAINED IN CAR ACCIDENTS
You may be entitled to different types of monetary compensation for your injuries resulting from a car accident. Some common injuries victims suffer in EL Segundo car accidents:
- Head trauma, including traumatic brain injuries
- Fractured and broken bones
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Internal organ injuries
- Knee injuries
- Lacerations and bruises
Certain medical conditions may not display immediate signs or symptoms. This makes it imperative that you seek immediate medical attention after an accident – even if you think that you are not seriously injured. The longer you wait to get medical treatment of your possible injuries, the more risks you can be exposed. The El Segundo car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas can help you find a medical provider close to you if you don’t have one or cannot find one.
GETTING COMPENSATED FOR YOUR CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES
You may be entitled to monetary damages from the at fault party for your injuries and pain and suffering. Depending on the types of injuries you suffered, our EL Segundo motor vehicle accident attorneys will make sure you get the full compensation that you deserve.
Some common types of money damages accident victims can seek in a car accident include:
- Past and future medical bills, including but not limited to hospital bills, long-term care, and imaging costs
- Loss of income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Funeral and burial costs
- Property damage
- Emotional and mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Any other out of pocket expenses related to the car crash
Our El Segundo car crash attorneys have the knowledge and resources to make sure that the at fault party and their insurance carrier fight to get the full monetary compensation you are entitled for the injuries you have suffered.
HOLDING ALL PARTIES LIABLE
Determining who is exactly at fault in a motor vehicle accident depends on the circumstances of the case. The first step is to determine whether the driver or the registered car owner is responsible for the accident. In some cases, it may be both. The California Vehicle Code states that a vehicle owner is responsible for all damages caused in an accident regardless of whether they or another person was operating the vehicle at the time of the crash with implied or express permission of the owner.
In some cases, an entity, such as a corporation or a government entity, may also be at fault for the accident. If that entity is a governmental body, like the city or state, there may be a shorter time frame to file the claim. This makes it important for you to immediately hire an experienced El Segundo car accident lawyer to investigate the facts surrounding your accident and file a claim before the statutory time period runs. If you fail to file your government claim within the time frame, you will be forever barred from filing a claim and pursuing a personal injury claim against that entity.
Contact an Experienced El Segundo Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact the Law Offices of Samer Habbas. We specialize in handling car accident injury cases. We have the experience to help you recover your lost wages, medical expenses and any other costs related to your car accident injury.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our El Segundo car accident attorneys, please call 949-873-0755. The Law Offices of Samer Habbas is dedicated to helping car accident victims receive the just compensation for their injuries.