El Segundo Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney
Ridesharing services, such as Uber and Lyft, are becoming increasingly more popular as the go-to form of transportation for many people. Although it is more convenient and easier to take an Uber or Lyft, you can still get into an accident just as you would if you were behind the wheel. Just like any other motor vehicle accident, if you are involved in a collision, you are entitled to compensation for your resulting injuries. However, accidents involving Uber, Lyft, or any other type of rideshare vehicle can be significantly more complicated.
If you or a loved one was injured while using a ridesharing app, such as Uber or Lyft, you should immediately consult the experienced El Segundo rideshare accident attorney to determine whether you are entitled to monetary compensation. The personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates will evaluate your case for free, investigate the collision and aggressively represent your interests to make sure to get just compensation.
With multiple offices located in El Segundo, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Irvine, Riverside and San Diego, our rideshare accident lawyers represent injured passengers across Southern California. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with an experienced El Segundo Uber/Lyft accident attorney, please call 949-873-0755.
DETERMINING LIABILITY IN UBER AND LYFT ACCIDENTS
Like most car accidents, liability in ridesharing accidents generally involves the negligence of the parties involved. In other words, the driver who caused the accident will generally be held responsible for any resulting injuries to the other parties, as well as the resulting damages.
As it relates to rideshare accidents, negligence is usually some type of negligent or reckless behavior. Some common causes of Uber/Lyft accidents include:
- Driving under the influence
- Failing to pay attention to the road
- Texting or using other handheld devices
- Disobeying traffic laws
However, if you were a passenger in a rideshare vehicle, such as Uber or Lyft, you must prove that the driver’s negligence directly caused your injuries. The legal standard involves proving the following three elements:
- The defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care.
- The defendant breached his or her duty of care through negligence.
- The defendant’s negligence was the primary cause of the injuries sustained.
The El Segundo rideshare accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas will also review the following factors to determine liability:
- Whether you were a rideshare driver, a rideshare passenger, a pedestrian, or a driver or passenger in another vehicle;
- What caused the crash; and
- Whether the rideshare driver was on duty at the time of the crash.
GETTING THE COMPENSATION YOU DESERVE AFTER A RIDESHARE ACCIDENT
Uber and Lyft both have $1 million insurance policy limits that cover their drivers while they are on duty. This means that if they have caused an accident while they were on duty, you can bring a claim against this policy for your resulting injuries. This applies whether you were an Uber or Lyft passenger, a pedestrian, or a driver in another vehicle. If you were an Uber or Lyft driver involved in an accident caused by another party, you can bring a claim against the rideshare company’s UM/UIM insurance policy.
As an injured rideshare accident victim, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Loss of wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and trauma
- Out of pocket expenses related to the accident
The car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas will investigate the full extent of your injuries and make sure you get the full compensation that you deserve. Our El Segundo Uber and Lyft accident lawyers are dedicated to helping our injured victims seek they are entitled against all liable parties.
STEPS TO TAKE AFTER AN UBER OR LYFT ACCIDENT
The process of filing an accident claim begins at the scene of the crash. Below are some steps you should take to give your rideshare accident claim the best chance of resulting in a fair settlement:
- Call 911 and request medical assistance at the crash scene if necessary.
- Take photos of the scene of the accident that include skid marks, positions of the cars involved, injuries, property damage, traffic signs, and the intersection.
- Take pictures of driver’s licenses, license plates, and insurance cards of all parties involved in the crash.
- Obtain contact details for any witnesses to the accident.
- Seek immediate medical treatment, even if you don’t think you were injured because symptoms of certain injuries may not surface until days or even weeks after the accident.
- Contact an El Segundo rideshare accident attorney before speaking with any party and/or insurance carrier, even your own.
The steps you take or fail to take after an accident can significantly impact the outcome of your claim. Make sure you protect your legal rights by taking all necessary steps, especially in the immediate aftermath of an Uber or Lyft accident.
WHY HIRE A PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT?
Personal injury and property loss claims involving Uber and Lyft are especially complicated. These cases include various factors, such as whether a driver was logged into the app when the accident occurred, and will often result in multiple claims against the company, the driver, and even other drivers – depending on the specific facts of the claim. Hiring an experienced El Segundo Uber or Lyft accident attorney who has experience handling accidents involving ridesharing apps can significantly impact the outcome of your case.
The personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas will be able to anticipate and avoid disputes that might reduce your financial recovery or prevent you from obtaining any compensation at all. We will take every step possible to make sure you get the full compensation that you deserve for the injuries that you have suffered.
POSSIBLE LEGAL CLAIMS INVOLVING AN UBER OR LYFT ACCIDENT
Our car accident lawyers handle a variety of accidents involving Uber, Lyft, or other types of rideshare vehicles. Below are some of the common types of rideshare accident cases we handle involving injuries:
- Claims Filed by Rideshare Passengers
- Claims Filed by Rideshare Drivers
- Claims Filed by Pedestrians
- Claims Against Rideshare Drivers
- Claims Against Uber or Lyft
- Claims Against Drivers of Other Vehicles
- Claims Against Government Entities
- Wrongful Death Rideshare Accident Claims
- Other Rideshare Accident Claims
Regardless of what type of claim you might have after getting into an accident involving an Uber or Lyft, it is important that you immediately contact an experienced El Segundo rideshare accident attorney.
Contact an Experienced El Segundo Uber or Lyft Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident while riding in an Uber or Lyft, the El Segundo rideshare accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates can help. Our personal injury lawyers specialize in handling rideshare app accidents, especially Uber and Lyft. We have the experience to help you recover your lost wages, medical expenses, and any other costs related to your rideshare accident.
With multiple offices located in El Segundo, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Riverside, Irvine and San Diego, our rideshare accident attorneys represent injured passengers across Southern California. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with an experienced El Segundo Uber or Lyft accident lawyer, please call 949-873-0755.