5 Different Types of Car Accidents
Getting into any type of car accident can be frustrating. Whether it was your fault or the fault of a random driver, your vehicle has been damaged and you will have to go through the tedious insurance process to get it fixed. If you suffered injuries, the accident can become even more wearisome as you will now have to deal with the pain, having to go to doctor’s appointments, and basically have to “baby” your injuries until you are well again.
If you were involved in a car accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering, loss of wages, medical bills and any other expenses you may incur as a result of the accident. To ensure that you obtain the full compensation you are entitled to, you need to hire an attorney who will aggressively fight for your rights.
Most Common Car Accidents
Traffic accidents can occur due to a variety of reasons. However, certain types of accidents are more common. Knowing what they are can help you understand what to do to avoid them or reduce the likelihood of getting into a similar accident.
– Low Speed Impact. Motor vehicle accidents can happen at any speed, even the slowest speed of one mile per hour. These types of low speed accidents are referred to as fender benders and bumps. At its legal definition, low speed impact accidents occur at speeds less than ten miles per hour. Typically these types of collisions happen when one party is backing out of a driveway, driving in neighborhoods, or driving in traffic.
– Frontal Impact. Frontal collisions happen when one party is hit in the front of their vehicle. This type of car accident allows the motorist to see what is coming ahead and react accordingly.
– Rear Impact. An impact from the rear is one of the most common types of car accidents. These types of accidents are generally referred to as an “at fault” scenario because they are almost always caused by the motorist behind the impacted vehicle.
– Side Collision. Side collision accidents involve a driver’s head of the car hitting the side (typically the window or door) of another car. Injuries in these types of accident can be serious.
– Intersectional Collision. These types of accidents, which occur in an intersection, are commonly referred to as “T-bone hits.” These accidents are most often caused by a driver who attempts to run a red light.
Regardless of what type of car accident you were involved in, you may be entitled to compensation if you can prove the accident was caused by the other party. You need to hire an aggressive car accident lawyer to help you prove your case and obtain the compensation that you deserve.
Call Us Today!
For more information or to speak with an experienced attorney who can help you with your car accident claim, please call the Law Offices of Samer Habbas at 888-848-5048 to schedule a consultation with our legal team today.