6 Safety Tips All Taxi Passengers Should Consider
Getting into some types of automobile accidents are simply unavoidable, especially when you are a passenger riding in a taxicab. You cannot control how the cab driver operates the vehicle, and you certainly cannot control how other motorists drive on the road. However, you can take certain steps to protect yourself. Below are 6 safety tips to follow:
- When traveling in a taxi, you should wear your seatbelts. This is law in almost every state. If you are not properly belted during an accident, you can be held partially at fault when suing for damages.
- Write down the name of the taxicab driver and the vehicle’s number upon entering the cab. All necessary information is typically posted on two placards affixed to the backseat or the Plexiglas, if furnished. If you are involved in an accident, it will be easier for you or your attorney to identify the driver and the taxicab company.
- If you are involved in an accident, demand that both the paramedics and the police come to the scene of the accident. You should not leave the scene of the accident until you have spoken with both the paramedics and the police.
- Request for the police to provide you with written information as to how you can secure a copy of the police report and when it will be available.
- Try to obtain information for any witnesses to the accident.
- If you feel that the taxi driver is driving too fast or erratically, you have the right to complain and ask the driver to slow down. If the driver does not follow your instructions, ask him to pull over and get out of the taxi. It is better to be safe, than sorry.
If you are nevertheless involved in an accident and suffer serious injuries, it is in your best interest to consult with an attorney who specifically handles taxicab related accidents. These types of accidents are typically complicated because the insurance companies are hesitant to offer accident victims the full compensation that they deserve. However, with an experienced and aggressive attorney on your side, you can be confident that you will obtain the full compensation that you are entitled for the injuries you have suffered. Additionally, by hiring an attorney, you can focus on healing your injuries while your lawyer handles your legal affairs.
Call Us Today!
If you or someone you love has been injured in a taxicab related accident, it is important to immediately consult with an experienced legal professional as you may be entitled to compensation. An experienced attorney can help you obtain compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life and any other out of pocket expenses you incurred as a result of the accident.
For more information or to schedule a free consultation with experienced Los Angeles taxicab accident attorney Samer Habbas, please call us toll free at 1-888.848.5084.