- June 29, 2016
- In motorcycle Accident
Riding a motorcycle is fun, exciting, and thrilling. However, if you are a motorcyclist, you also know that it is not all about having fun because the roads can be dangerous. Even if you are the most careful rider, other motorists that share the road with you may not be as careful as they should be, and that puts you at significant risk. When a motorcyclist is involved in an accident, especially with a bigger motor vehicle, the injuries can be extensive and even fatal.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation from the party that caused the accident. You need to hire an experienced Orange County motorcycle accident attorney to protect your legal rights and help you obtain the full compensation that you deserve.
Important Facts All Motorcyclists Should Know
Below are five important facts you should be aware of when riding your motorcycle:
- Motorcycles are often in a car’s blind spots. If you are in a car’s blind spot, it means that the motorist is not aware of your presence and can make certain movements that can result in serious injuries to you. As such, you should do everything possible to make sure the motorists around you are aware of you.
- Motorcyclists often slow with downshifting. Not all motorcycles are equipped with brake lights that go off when riders downshift. This means that when you downshift, other motorists on the road with you, especially traveling behind you, may not be aware of what you are doing. You should make sure there is plenty of distance between the car in front of you and the car in back of you.
- It can take longer for a motorcycle to come to a stop than a motor vehicle. This is especially true if it is raining, snowing, or there is debris on the road.
- Lack of safety gear can result in serious injuries. Unlike motor vehicles, motorcycles are not equipped with seatbelts, airbags, or steel frame bodies. As such, even the slightest accident can result in serious injuries to the rider who is not protected by anything but his or her helmet.
- Weaving lanes can actually be helpful. Weaving lanes can help you stay more visible to other motorists on the road and even avoid debris on the road that can ultimately result in a serious accident.
Call an Experienced Orange County Motorcycle Accident Attorney
The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas is dedicated to helping our motorcycle accident clients who have suffered serious physical and emotional injuries reach the best monetary settlements.
If you or a loved one has any questions about your personal injury claim, our experienced motorcycle accident attorney Orange County are available to personally review your case. Call us at 1-888-848-5048 to schedule a free, complimentary consultation with our legal team today.
April 6, 2021
March 30, 2021
March 24, 2021
March 18, 2021
March 16, 2021