Road accident. Knock down pedestrian and upset driver in front of automobile crash car collision[/caption]Late Monday night, September 24th, Oscar Martinez, 33, was fatally struck in a hit and run collision in Lake Forest. Witnesses reported seeing Mr. Martinez lying in the street and suffering from a head wound near the intersection of Ridge Route Drive and Rockfield Boulevard at approximately 10:30 p.m. Orange County Sheriff’s Department deputies and paramedics were immediately dispatched to the scene, but Mr. Martinez was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Martinez family has placed flowers and candles near the location of the deadly collision. Investigators are asking anyone who may have any information about this accident to call them anonymously or otherwise.
What To Do After a Hit and Run Accident
You can never really be ready for a motor vehicle collision – especially if it involves the responsible party fleeing the scene of the accident. Leaving the scene of an accident without exchanging information is illegal in California, and every other state in the nation. Despite these laws, hit and run accidents still happen. Below are some important steps to take if you or a loved one becomes a victim in a hit and run motor vehicle collision:
- Take mental notes of important information, such as the license plate number, make and model of the car.
- Take mental notes of the physical characteristics of the driver, such as sex, race, and possible age.
- Look for any witnesses to accident and if you find one, obtain their contact information.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, including any property damage caused by the crash.
- Call the police and when they arrive explain in detail what happened and give them as many details as possible.
- Seek immediate medical attention, even if you don’t think you were injured – symptoms of certain medical conditions may not surface until days or even weeks after the collision.
- Call an experienced accident attorney – this is especially important if you have UM/UIM claim coverage with your own auto insurance policy.
Consult with an Orange County Pedestrian Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured as a pedestrian in a motor vehicle collision that was caused by the negligent or reckless of the driver, you may be entitled to monetary compensation. For more information or to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Orange County car accident attorney, call the Law Offices of Samer Habbas today at 888.848.5084.