blog banner

Personal injury lawyer-Samer habbasAn article that appeared in the Durant Democrat describes a workplace accident that claimed the life of a man. Workplace accidents occur every day and, tragically, some of them result in fatalities. However, what if you are an injured victim who survived a workplace accident and you feel that a doctor did not adequately diagnose the extent of your injuries? Are you able to get a second medical opinion for a work injury?

In California, doctors in the state’s worker’s compensation system are required to supply evidence-based medical treatment, which means that they must choose treatments proven effective for work-related illnesses and injuries. They must follow treatment guidelines described in a medical treatment utilization schedule, which is a list of treatments best for injuries and illnesses.

Employers are also required to follow a program called the utilization review to ensure that a doctor’s plan for treating your injuries is medically sound. In most circumstances, an employee will have their worker’s compensation injuries treated by a doctor in the company’s health care network.

However, if you or your worker’s compensation claims administrator disagree with the doctor’s diagnosis or treatment, the doctor is required to address those disagreements. You may then be required to see a qualified medical evaluator who will conduct an examination of the diagnosis and prescribed treatment.

Many people injured in a workplace accident choose to consult with an experienced California accident attorney who can explain their rights under the law and California’s complicated worker’s compensation laws. If you’ve been injured and have questions about your rights and options, contact the Law Offices of Samer Habbas.

Samer Habbas is a California attorney with over 18 years of experience in personal injury law. Throughout his career, he has successfully recovered over $300 million for his clients, solidifying his reputation as a leading advocate in the field.

Samer swiftly gained recognition for his adept negotiation skills and unwavering dedication to his clients. His practice spans a wide range of personal injury cases, including car accidents, dog bites, funeral home abuse, premises liability, and wrongful death.

Samer is known for his compassionate approach and commitment to securing favorable outcomes for his clients. His expertise has earned him the trust and respect of both his clients and his peers within the legal community. He is also deeply invested in giving back to his community. He actively participates in pro bono work and volunteers his time to various charitable organizations. Samer is a champion for those who have been wronged, leveraging his extensive experience and expertise to make a meaningful difference in the lives of his clients and his community.