- January 15, 2016
- In accidents
Buses are used as a main source of transportation for many Americans, whether it is to get to work, to go shopping, or to go on vacation. Buses are also routinely used by travel companies to take individuals on tours. Although buses are generally considered a safe means of travel, accidents do happen. And when accidents happen, the injuries can be serious.
Case in point is the bus accident that occurred on Highway 99 near Paige Avenue in Tulare in January 2014. The Los Angeles Fronteras Del Norte tour bus was headed for Washington when it collided with a semi truck in Tulare County. The bus’ window was broken and the front smashed from the collision. There were 36 people, including the driver and three children, on the bus. Although the accident could have been much worse, most of the passengers were injured and the majority of them were taken to Kaweah Delta Medical Center in Visalia, as well as hospitals in Hanford and Tulare.
Important Steps To Take After a Bus Accident
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries as a passenger in a bus accident, you may be entitled to monetary compensation. The steps that you take after an accident is imperative in ensuring that you obtain the full compensation that you deserve.
Below are five important steps you should take after a being in a bus accident:
- Seek immediate medical attention – this is important even if you think that you are not injured, since symptoms of certain conditions may not surface until days after the accident.
- Report the accident and talk to witnesses – if you don’t need emergency medical attention, you should report the accident to the police and also try to see if you can find any witnesses to the accident.
- Gather evidence – the more evidence that you have, the stronger your case will be, especially pictures of the scene of the accident.
- Keep a record of your damages and injuries – it is important that you maintain a clean and strong record of all the damages and personal injuries that you sustained as a result of the accident.
- Hire a personal injury attorney – even if you think your case is relatively straightforward, you will most likely still face opposition from the insurance companies. As such, it is important to hire an experienced attorney to handle your claim and make sure that you get the full extent of the compensation that you deserve.
Call Us Today!
The legal team at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas is dedicated to helping our clients reach the best monetary settlement for victims and families after they have suffered harm through no fault of their own, especially in bus accident cases.
If you have questions after being injured in a bus accident or any other type of motor vehicle accident, our experienced personal injury attorneys are available to personally review your case. Call us at 1-888-848-5048 to schedule a free, complimentary consultation with our legal team today.
Tags : bus Accident